This is an excellent plant-based alternative to a classic American dish. It is flavorful, and a great addition to the simple meal collection.
You will need:
1 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons Tabasco
2 tablespoons of Vegan Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2-3 cups water
1. Trim and peel the carrots to hot dog length.
2. In a medium pot or saucepan, combine all the liquid ingredients to create a marinade.
3. Add carrots, and simmer until fork tender. (I like to simmer a bit longer, because I like softer carrots vs. firmer carrots).
4. Let carrots marinade after cooked for about 10 minutes.
5. Add the carrot to the bun, top with your favorite topping (I’m a fan of Cole Slaw, or ketchup/mustard) and serve!
If you enjoyed what I’ve written and it is interesting to you, please send $5 in BitCoin to this address. It will help me continue to create new recipes!