This is a savory, gluten free way to sneak in vegetables. It’s great for picky eaters, and an easy way to eat vegetables without “knowing” you’re eating vegetables.
Veggie-Packed Macaroni and “Cheese”
- 1 14-ounce package of gluten-free macaroni
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 250g broccoli florets
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (optional)
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Seasoning, to taste
- Soak cashews overnight in a bowl. Drain before cooking.
- In a medium pot, boil water, and cook macaroni; drain. (7 minutes to al dente).
- Meanwhile, dice sweet potato, onion, and carrot into 1 in. chunks.
- In a large pot, boil vegetables in water until tender; drain.
- In a small saucepan, water sauté broccoli with salt, pepper and chili powder until tender.
- When vegetables are cooked, combine cashews, sweet potato, onion, carrot and broccoli in a food processor, to create the sauce. Add garlic, soy milk, yeast, nutmeg, rosemary, and chili powder. Blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over cooked macaroni, and stir to coat. Cook shortly over medium heat to bring up temperature.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!
If you enjoyed what I’ve written and it is interesting to you, send $5 in BitCoin to this address. It will help me continue to create new recipes!